This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you register with, access or use www.investable.vc web site (the “Website”) and the interactive features which may include a chat room, message board, newsgroup, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through the Website.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to/from the Website.
- Any other social media
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Investable websites, including websites you may access through the Website.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Our websites and third party websites may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from and about users of the Website:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Website.
When you register with or use the Website, we may ask you to provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address, location, age or company title, investment preferences / any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as browsing habits .
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- To/from third parties, for example, our business partners.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website or to access certain services of the Website, subscribing to any of the services, purchasing any goods or services, posting material, or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Detailed financial information
- Your search queries on the Website.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) on public areas of websites you access through the Website (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
When you register, access or use the Website, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you register, access or use the Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your internet connection, including the unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, and your device's telephone number (if accessing the Website through a mobile device).
- Location Information. The Website may collect real-time information about your location. This information is collected from your web browser or mobile device.
- Behavioral Tracking. The Website may collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not register with, access or use the Website.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your computer. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your computer. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and any e-mails that we send to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Investable, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
When you use the Website, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your computer. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- If you are accessing the Website through a mobile device, your mobile device manufacturer or service provider.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Website and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account or subscription.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes or updates to the Website or any services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Website.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To the start-up in which you have shown an interest.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Investable’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Investable about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of the Website, which we may implement at some future point, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Investable, our customers or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT OUR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Website to collect and use real-time information about your location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information all or some parts of the Website may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion or Targeted Advertising by Investable. If you do not want us to use information that we collect to promote our own or third parties' products or services or to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any User.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and mobile platforms is not completely socure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.